View Single Post
      07-29-2009, 06:05 PM   #31
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post
I think it's funny that people pick on the M156 engine because it's labeled as 6.3 liters when yes, it's really 6.2. There's nothing else to pick on, I guess. Torque is torque and whether a 6.2 or a 6.3, one thing the M156 has is bucket loads of torque. And it's a NA motor.

fwiw: "Although it displaces 6.208 liters, the engine will be marketed as the "6.3" to comply with German car tax laws, which require them to be rounded up to the nearest 100 cc." In addition, AMG wanted to pay homage to the famous 6.3 of the past.

If truth in advertising upsets anyone, then just take off the badges and then you've got a whatever liter AMG.
http://www.eitechnologygroup.com/gal...age_full/1135/
Thanks for posting that; I didn't know the exact size and why it's marketed as '6.3L.' Like you said though, torque is torque and this C63 has got plenty of it...and that big 6.208L engine + exotic quad AMG exhaust sound...OMG, simply amazing!!!!

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0