kyrix1st
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87 M2; E92M3 MT&DCT; M3 euro

Garage List
2004 BMW Z4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
The answer to everything in a GT3 is 'more throttle', so there is very little adjustability
At the track, gt3 drivers tell me they don't understand how I can move the car so much... because adjustability built into the M3. This is key to being fun

I drive a lot of Porsches on track as an instructor. You'd have to pay me to swap the M3 out. If someone gave me a 991 GT3 I'd sell it and get two E9X M3.

I'm always confused when I read about people's adoration for Porsches on the forum. I suspect a large part is badge envy.
I've spent such a massive amount of seat time in 997.2 GT3s and Caymans and I wonder if I'm taking crazy pills... I would never trade.

I preferred my 330 to my girlfriend's '99 Boxster, i preferred my 150k mile E46M to my housemate's 996 Carrera S, and the list goes on and on and on.

I know the 997.2 does nothing for me. Everyone spends their day talking about 'built for the track', 'mezger engine' and blahblahblah, but my primary student's 997.2 gt3 is still slower than my almost 100% stock E92 M3 and i've been in the gt3 while it overheats at WGI where my E92 can take an hour of laps 10 seconds faster at a time without overheating.

At this point I have hope that maybe one day I'll drive a 991 GT3 and be moderately impressed. Any day now!!
I am no racer (yet, lol) but people who have driven M3s and 911s professionally (Taniguchi-san, Super GT) told me that M3s weight distribution actually helps go through the corner faster with confidence than rear biased 911s. Where 911s shine are quick straight line grip with engine sitting on the rear wheels and braking due to lighter weight.