View Single Post
      05-19-2020, 08:57 AM   #106
WhiteM3EMC
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 White M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyary View Post
You are making good point and I second your opinion. 1:40 at NYST is a respectable time for a 3400Lbs car. The hard rubber on the FFI500 wear out very well and I was able to finish two days which I was not able to do on many other tires.

So this is the point, if you are NOT trying to do your best time, these are good, inexpensive option.

The fact that you did not eat up the outside of your sidewall and were on a stock camber is related to traction. If the tire can't generate enough grip, it will slide before it goes over. It also related to your pace. a 275/30/19 MPS4S did great using -2.5 camber on 1:42-1:44 lap time. Wear was even and all looked honky dory. Totally different wear pattern on 1:38. The outside was destroyed. The MP4S has enough grip to role over on the side wall.

As a reference, my time in Hoosier R7 is 1:35.7 and that is yet another level of grip
Good point. With that much weight, the car certainly liked to understeer. I was running good pace in the car but at the point where you're dragging 4500lbs around a track, you can only go so fast. My first time at the same track in the M3 on NT01s (with PFC front BBK, so a bit of a skewed result) I was 3 seconds faster. Weekend got cut short by some mechanical problems so I didn't get a chance to see if I could push that to 5 seconds or so gap.
Appreciate 0