02-11-2019, 04:51 AM   #21
SonnyJack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3/'18 F83 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbone View Post
haha! Yeah, GC was a medium quality school back in the day when I was there. But once they went coed and moved, apparently the place started kicking some ass.

I did not do ANY motorsports when I was on the East Coast. Looking back, I wish I had of course, but I had no money for that back then. At the MD College Park campus, they used to do Autocross in the commuter parking lots. I would watch as I was walking back to my car. Thought it looked cool, but was too chicken to try it. I could have been kicking some ass out there in the family's Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera!! hahahaha----sigh----so sad....

So many people speak highly of VIR. I have a long term goal of visiting the East Coast tracks with my car-----make a big road trip out of it. Of course, the logistics are a bit complicated so it will take quite a bit of planning. I think first, I would like to visit COTA. That will give me a flavor of what a long road trip/track trip involves. Or----my friend and I have already spoken to someone who is a full race mechanic that can haul two cars. That would be awesome---have someone else drive the rig and also provide full tech support, and we just fly in. Not cheap though......we'll see. It's fun to dream about!
COTA is on my list eventually. Would be quite the roadtrip. If you could pull that off with the race mechanic providing service and transportation, would sure to be an epic adventure. I'd love to hear about it if you can make it happen!
AA Gen 2 Lvl 2 w/Meth; MagnaFlow catless x-pipe; Dinan Underdrive Pulley; VAC Coated Bearings; ARP Rod Bolts; Oil Diverter Valve; Dinan Strut Braces; Dinan Rear Toe Links; ECS Rear Trailing Arms; MCS 2-Way NR w/700F-1000R; GC Camber Plates; AKG 75D MM & 95A TM; CAE Shifter; Titan T-S5; StopTech ST60 380mm/ST40 355mm; MFactory DS; Zebulon Splitter; Zebulon 330 Rear Wing; Gutted w/Piper Motorsports Custom Cage; OMP WRC-R Seats
Appreciate 0