03-27-2008, 06:04 PM   #148
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma View Post
This isn't about right and wrong, its about tradeoffs.

Its really this simple, when a car shifts there is energy stored in the moving parts of the engine and flywheel. That HAS TO GO SOMEWHERE.

BMW chose to use it for acceleration at the expense of smoothness.

Audi chose to smooth the transition at the expense of wasting some stored energy.

It really is that damn simple. I am sorry you are too dense to get it but I am tired of trying to explain this to you.
Sorry mate but you are not only saying I am too dense to get it but you are also saying that Audi and the others are too dense as well for deciding not to use to, even though I have been told that it has one benefit what so ever, right from the horse's mouth.

You still aren't explaining why BMW and Audi quote an identical improvement over their manual cars. Surely if you were right BMW would be quoting an even bigger improvement but the facts are they aren't.............why?

Maybe the difference is so small as to not make any noticeable difference at all and that is what the guys is meaning, who knows. Only when both systems are tested together will we see for sure.
Appreciate 0