View Single Post
      05-11-2020, 09:07 PM   #43
1SloeEm3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokemycocktus View Post
I have a strange issue with my ESS xpipe - when I floor it around 2.5k rpm the car launches forward for a split second, then noticably slows down and picks up immediately after 3k rpm. Feels like the car is pulling timing. Not traction related, happens in every gear.
On stock xpipe it was all fine.
I had the catless ESS xpipe installed before and I can remember it was happening exactly this way, now I had cats welded in it, then installed and checked by a professional workshop which said there weren't any leaks.

Fresh gaskets installed.
Plugs are about 20k km old.
Car has 78k km now.
Throttle actuators rebuilt last year.
Second tank of 100 octane v power Racing fuel.

I thought that maybe it's just the custom xpipe with a stock tune thing, but I installed stage 2 tune from Alpine and it's still the same.

I'll post a video later.

Car has no fault codes. Where should I look for issues?

I had a very similar issue when I installed my MS catless x pipe . Except I was throwing misfires on one side of the engine . Car would also misfire if I came to an idle but not while cruising. Anyways mine was an exhaust leak were the header and the x pipe meet . The clamps were tight as hell on both sides so I didn’t think it was issue until I pushed up against the test pipe and it would slide up and down on the header clamp. If that makes sense. yet the other side Wouldn’t budge or move. But it Wouldn’t hurt to double check .
Appreciate 0