View Single Post
      05-11-2020, 08:43 PM   #42
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokemycocktus View Post

Curious why SYT didn't ever have such problems with that xpipe then.

I think the stranger thing is you and audioslave have this issue. There are many, many people running xpipes that have front-biased crossovers and very few complaints.
What i felt driving audioslave's car is a clear problem with the car even though it doesn't throw a CEL. For whatever reason it is not happy at those rpms and I'd bet a bmwlogger log would show similar results to what you see.

Again, I don't really think it's tune related, but something is wrong. Audioslave and another friend both did the same xpipe at the same time with similar miles on their cars, one of them has a alpine tune and the other has an ess tune, the ess tune guy doesn't have the hesitation.

If you are running into CELs then all bets are off, as even shadow codes will upset the ECU. But I guess we'll know better the day we switch tunes on audioslaves car to another tune.

(For the record, i don't have ess or alpine tunes on any current cars).

Every two years I swap my E92 back to the stock tune and xpipe and it's just a downgrade in every sense. A hesitation like you two are describing is not something easy to miss
Appreciate 1