Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by strokemycocktus View Post
Sounds about the same then. What exhaust setup do you have and how many miles on the car?
I am running beaker headers, with catless xpipe. Previously I only had test pipes and didn't notice this issue.
110k on it. Probably original injectors and o2 sensors.
Looks like this xpipe has the "x" closer to the engine, just like the ESS one. Maybe that's something that makes the problem worse in cars that have something faulty. As I said, with stock xpipe I had zero issues. This one, both catless and HFC it's the same, just like you described it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpark1977 View Post
I'd take everything back to 100% stock, running 241E (that's the current one right?)
Check fuel flow rate, ignition, compression, timing advance, and the plugs/coil packs.

Probable you've done this already, but eliminating every possible variable is the first step to an accurate diagnosis.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you my brotha'
Fuel flow rate is fine, timing is pulled for the low rpm hiccup as you can see in the graph I posted. I don't think I may have problems with compression and coil packs and have a perfectly smooth idle at all times and such good overall performance.

I agree, datalogging with the stock xpipe for comparison would be a good idea. Although I don't know if that would bring me closer to a solution - I want to keep the custom xpipe and as you can read SYT's posts, there's nothing fundamentally wrong with it. I didn't put any weird mods on my car - apart from the xpipe I have a carbon afe intake (new mod, didn't change anything, the hiccup was there with the stock intake too), and Alpine tune (same story).
Basically the first mod I put was that xpipe and it was on a stock car. After that the car immediately started behaving like that. I have no fault codes, the only thing I can see now is that the car is running rich at the rpm that it feels weak. It's really weird, since other than that it pulls really great, and part throttle at low rpm is also very good (with good and stable afr as well).
Guess I just could avoid flooring it under 3k and let it go, but on the other hand I am very curious what's causing it.