Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedalkick View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpot View Post
I have a 09 E92 M3 and I’m having an issue with water seeping into the car which has caused my amp to fry. In the below pic, is the gap between the trunk and the rear tail light normal? The pic is of my right tail light; the gap on the left tail light is smaller.

Shortly after buying my car I read a post on here where there was water in someones battery compartment. I checked and I did too. Couldn't find/reproduce the leak, however...

I drilled a small hole thru the floor of the battery compartment to let any water that does get in to drain out and not accumulate and short something out. I painted the hole edges to prevent rusting. I check now and then but no leaks since. I should probably do the left side too. I only did this as I had water leak in and couldn't find where.
Anyway, it may save electrical stuff as you don't want to have to check every time it rains or gets washed.
They have drain plugs on the left side, its covered by this black rubber/plastic piece. You can just pull that out, or put a tiny hole through it. They took mine out when my trunk got flooded.

As per the leak, have you tested with a hose to see where the water was coming from? I'm assuming you don't care anymore cause you poked the hole.

Last edited by ItsGary; 01-25-2019 at 10:38 PM..
Appreciate 0