View Single Post
      10-23-2017, 12:53 PM   #1
thompsac25
Stance to make her dance
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3

RW Carbon - Positive Review!

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share my recent experience with RW Carbon.
I have used this company before, back in 2015 when I had my e90 335i. I did a few reviews for them back then as well (sorry the pics no longer work, stupid photobucket)...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1080997
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1083993

I wanted to share my positive experience with RW Carbon. My e92 M3 has the OEM carbon fiber roof in 1x1 weave, so I decided that I wanted all of the CF bits and pieces to match. RW is one of the only vendors that I could find here in the US that offered front lips and diffusers in matching 1x1 weave. I looked around online, compared pricing with other vendors and ultimately I reached out to Eric, who I previously worked with. He was extremely responsive and answered the questions that I had. It was a no brainer for me to work with RW again.

After a few emails back and forth, I decided that I wanted to go with the GTS front lip and ARKYM style rear diffuser (both in 1x1 weave). Unfortunately, the GTS front lip was on back order and they had to wait for a new shipment to come in from overseas. It took about 6 weeks but I was in no rush. 6 weeks went by and Eric reached out and told me that the GTS lip had arrived, but the lower splitter arrived in the wrong weave pattern it was no ones fault, but he was happy to order me a new one in 1x1 weave as requested In the mean time, Eric shipped me the GTS front lip (minus splitter), and the ARKYM diffuser. 3 weeks later, the 1x1 GTS splitter showed up.

All items arrived safe and sound. Perfectly wrapped and secured. The weaves on each piece are perfect. They look so nice! Clear coat is also perfect. Couldnt have asked for a better match to my already existing CF pieces. They compliment my roof and trunk spoiler nicely

I installed the ARKYM diffuser first, as I figured it would be easier to do.
Fitment is 8/10, as there are some very minor gaps, but that is to be expected with ANY aftermarket piece. Even $1500 Mode Carbon and Vorsteiner parts have fitment issues from what I'd read. Overall, I am very pleased with the way it turned out. the predrilled mounting holes were perfectly in line with my OEM holes. I used 3M double sided tape and eventually finished it off with a little bit of white caulk around the small gap areas (this was not really necessary, but I wanted it to look completely flush and seamless). I then used some painters tape to help hold the diffuser on while the 3M tape had some time to cure. I left it on for about 36 hours (I do not daily drive the car, so this was no issue for me).

Next was the GTS front lip. This install was a bit trickier. I assumed that it would be easier for me to install with the bumper off the car, so I removed it and did just that. I installed 3M double sided tape onto the lip in areas that would make contact with the bumper. I lined up the bumper and lip as best as possible, removed the 3M tape backing, fitting the bumper and lip together, then drilled small holes between the lip and bumper. I used screws to help hold them together, then reinstalled the bumper.
Fitment is 8.5/10. There are a few small gaps where I can see light coming through from the other side, but I have to be low on my hands and knees to find it. I can easily cover up those 2 spots with some caulk and be done with it, however, I dont think its even necessary. Again, me being extremely particular and anal.
I have not installed the GTS lower splitter as of yet, as I am liking the way it currently looks without it. I may install it during the winter when I'm bored and the car will be in storage.

Overall, I am very pleased with my experience. Even with the small hickup with the lower splitter, it didnt stop me from installing the other pieces. Eric was extremely communicative and was a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend RW Carbon to anyone who is looking for decently nice carbon fiber pieces without completely breaking the bank. Lets face it, these pieces are probably going to get scratched and/or cracked on the road - why not spend a little less for virtually the same product.

A few more pics

Hope you guys found review to be helpful. If you have questions, please let me know!

Feel free to follow me on IG if you want to see more of my build!
@Thompsac_m3

Thanks!
Adam

Last edited by thompsac25; 10-30-2017 at 09:11 AM..
Appreciate 5
ToddinTN504.00
FMLYSDN1179.50
cliverman955.50
N54sk8r26.00