Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal@Evolve View Post
I'm sorry if I offended but I really do think your over reacting a little. I'm not being rude and I certainly don't have a big mouth!
Being a vendor does not give us any special powers, I cannot see where this is coming from.

It is a bit of a fuss created about one simply hole in a cam cover. I am simply voicing my opinion on this and you have to admit, sometimes the smallest things get blown out of proportion.

We supply both G-Power and ESS kits. I just happen to think the G-Power is incredibly well engineered and built. You would probably think similarly if you were in our position. I've not seen an ESS kit yet so will not comment on it.

If you think the G-Power is not something you like because of the reasons you mention then there is nothing wrong with voicing it. We are all entitled to our own opinions.

Let's just not make such a fuss about insignificant things and play nice.

No hard feelings I hope, we are all adults.
Certainly no hard feelings and I apologize if I sounded over the top. It's been a problem of mine lately on the forums.

I think the G-Power kit is a very well thought-out kit, especially with the way their intake / air filter is positioned compared to the ESS kit (I like it higher, and that CF airbox is definitely a nice visual touch). However, the execution of the kit is a little awkward and a little too invasive for something aftermarket. Drilling into the cam cover is ok with me since it's easily replaceable. However, I'm worried how the engine's oil system is linked to the supercharger's system. With no actual dipstick, it'd be a risk that I don't want to take. Also, it's weird that they decided to cut that metal piece up front. I'm sure that serves some purpose during a collision as structural reinforcement. Cutting it just makes me feel uneasy.

I have a friend who had the M6 Hurricane kit. To have both supercharger timed right to work in synchrony is no small feat. AFAIK, that kit does not require any cutting of the body part to fit the kit. Of course, it's a much bigger engine bay to work with as well. That car pulled like a m----effing freight train on I-90 and the exhaust note with the Evosport headers + pipes + Eisenmann exhaust is just intoxicating. To hear the sound bouncing off the Ted Williams tunnel / Big Dig gives me the chills.