07-29-2018, 05:22 PM   #48
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by c63er View Post
Most enthusiasts would take the flawed e46, z3, etc over their modern anodine counterparts. The reliable Toyota like f generation cars are reliable sure but they are also boring.

If you just want reliable and boring there's no reason to buy a BMW other then badge. Many other car companies do reliable even better.

I'll take driving involvement and fun any day over a modern f series BMW and all that brings with it.

I think many others would as well, which is the reason for the original statement.

I find very little in common between the m2 and e46 m3 aside from 2 doors and a lot of marketing.
Couldn’t care less about the “regular” M2. The M2C on the other hand...

The F80 is a beast, and pushing one on the track as much as I dare gives me a bigger kick (and scare) than any previous M efforts. That’s why I’m getting a second one. And yes, with a manual transmission to keep the thread on track.

I may not be interested in the next gen M3 because they keep increasing the size unnecessarily. The M2C (current and next gen) still holds some promise, or maybe a second hand Porsche. All with a manual.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 2