2020 AMG GTR  [0.00]
2022 R8 Quattro Spyder  [0.00]
2023 X5M50  [0.00]
2023 718 Spyder  [0.00]
2024 Silverado  [0.00]
2024 Civic Type R  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
@Higgs Boson Thanks. What is your take on the situation as you see it today?
In the short term I do not forsee a change in rising prices of preowned vehicles, at least not until supply meets demand.

In the long term everything will return to normal and I do not think there will be any crashing, unless you consider elevated pricing returning to normal pricing a crash, which of course it isn't.

A person has to be careful what they believe when they read or see things in the news. The media outlets copy each other's stories and when a person reads three articles that agree they consider it reinforcement rather than really just the same article they read three times, which is really just one idea over and again.

What I am saying is, no one writing an article knows when/if something is going to happen. But drama sells and if it takes telling people the sky is falling to sell ads then that's what they will do, everyone wants to be first and everyone wants to be right, but it's all guessing, sometimes the guess is right and sometimes this miss gets swept away by tomorrow's drama.

So to have long threads speculating about what will happen or what is happening is a bit of a waste, IMO, when it's all guessing, I think we would all be better served in life to observe what's in front of us and act on that, stay present. If you like more risk, sure, make bets on the future. If you are risk averse, just report on the past.

Making decisions based on unemployment rates or other macro metrics seems like a way to simply put your life on hold. Who cares if unemployment is 1% or 20%? I don't. Am I unemployed? That's what I want to know.

So if you want to buy a car, buy it today. Work hard, buy now. You only live once, carpe diem, you can't take it with you, begin with the end in mind, work backwards so you can take the steps needed to do or get what you want in this life, don't worry about the rest.

If the price is higher today than it was yesterday and you want the car today, pay today's price. Tomorrow it could be higher. And yes, you're going to lose lots of money on your car purchases unless you buy one of a handful of cars that are either really boring or you aren't allowed to drive.

Sorry for this post.
Appreciate 2
chassis6545.00
jmack548.50