04-20-2008, 10:12 AM   #10
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
footie - keep in mind all manufacturers borrow from each other. Audi might not have even built that S5 if it weren't for the E92 (and the CLK to a lesser extent).
yes, definitely, and audi might not have MMI if it were not for the first i-Drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
I hope I don't get flamed for saying this but does it look like BMW are coping everything that Audi come out with, first was their version of awd called X-Drive, then DSG or should I call it M-DCT and now we have a i-Drive that is very similar to Audi MMI.

It's great to see it because after working with Audi's MMI in the S5 it really is a much easier setup to work with.
yes also true. there is no denying that bmw got ideas from the MMI for this next generation i-Drive, but that is a good thing because MMI is sweet (as you mentioned).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorun View Post
First of all let me start by saying that you belong to an Audi forum, still cant figure out what you are doing here.
i don't know how other users feel, but i think it is good to have different perspective. even if he is an audi lover, no reason why he can't belong here too.
Appreciate 0