View Single Post
      02-21-2018, 09:46 AM   #27
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ZL1, Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carrots View Post
Phoneposting links got me, yeah wrong Richmond.

we almost bought in Hayward hills but bought in the 'beverly hills' of SL instead after our realtor lied to us, lmao what a horrible mistake. Hayward might be known as 'the fart of the bay' but it's twice as safe, statistically as SL

I'm a big guy so I wasn't overly worried about SL but my wife is tiny so I got 2 protection trained dogs to keep her safe. The one day she goes out without them she gets assaulted by one of the shitbag crackheads down off Bayfair. Luckily she was ok, but that was it for the east bay, we now live in a super safe part of a state where you can carry a gun.

When we left our delusional neighbors were seriously asking the HOA if it could do something to stop home invasions and constant robberies, a real shame as apparently SL used to be the kind of place you could leave your door open back in the 70s
I lived in San Leandro from age 0 to 12 or so, then we moved. San Leandro was definitely in decline. My parents moved there in the early '70's

My business is in San Leandro, and they are doing a lot to clean it up. I would say the kick ins and crime peaked about 3 years ago, it seems to be getting better. My wife still calls San Leandro the ghetto, I have been the some terrible areas, this isn't one of them. That being said, I don't want to live in San Leandro, or send my kids to the schools.

San Leandro is an industrial town, 10 years from now I think it may be a pretty cool place. There is a craft brew scene growing, and like parts of Oakland and San Francisco, it is 'gentrifying'

I would take San Leandro over Richmond in a heartbeat, especially up in the hills where I grew up.

I still can't recommend moving to San Leandro, but definitely visit for the beer.
Appreciate 0