08-08-2020, 11:44 PM   #15
Senpai
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappas Fritas View Post
Here is a picture I found of the RKP adapter installed on the akra X-pipe. I'm pretty sure we are going to be able to "slip" the adapter over the x-pipe to the right location THEN clamp it down for the seal.

I don't know this for sure, only basing it off this picture I came across. You may want to do a test fit of your existing setup on your car before messing with what you have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappas Fritas View Post
Senpai I just realized we're both pursuing the same part !

Did the Walker adapter seal against the wider 2.5" diameter or did it need to go to the narrow part of the Walker adapter?

Also, I think your adapter is currently too long and will mess with mounting your axleback. Let me find a picture of how it looks installed.
Yeah! So in terms of fitment there wasn't a seal against the 2.5" diameter piping but where it narrowed down thats when it sealed. I didn't want to push the adapter all the way down since it still needs to be cut to size but it would definitely be a task to take it back off when the time comes. I'm hoping the 2.5" adapters can clamp down and form a good seal OR put some exhaust wrap underneath the clamp and then clamp it down to seal it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomiz View Post
So technically if you just had this end piece that was able to be clamped on to Akra's it would work?

The attachment isn't showing up.