View Single Post
      03-16-2019, 12:45 PM   #45
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too__Hu///Mble View Post
We are reaching a point of vehicular saturation. Specs are gonna start to bottom out in terms of performance. We are reaching that threshold before we begin to get to exotic numbers.

It appears to be a new approach to car making is commencing...
Start tuned?
I'm mainly looking forward to the "performance hybrid" tech making its way to the lower / mid tiers. McLaren P1, Porsche 918, etc type stuff. It's rumored to be coming for the C8 mid-engine Corvette eventually too. And while it may be blasphemy for a Corvette to be both mid-engine and hybrid, the performance numbers being achieved are respectable and practical - most approach the 1,000 lb/ft of torque neighborhood and combine it with 50 or so miles of electric-only range, so when you're sitting in commute traffic you don't have to worry about your high-performance engine killing itself in stop-and-go traffic, burning out your clutch, etc.

I mean imagine an M4 putting out 500 hp from the gas engine combined with another 150-200 from an electric motor. 650-700 hp, while getting 30-40 mpg cruising and being able to make a grocery run on electric only, saving that expensive premium fuel to be sipped while hammering the twisties.

I don't think I'd mind that much at all.
Appreciate 1