View Single Post
      06-12-2017, 12:54 PM   #34
Mvez
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 coupe

Holy Crap that is an insane deal from Autozone.

I've had more track days to fine tune the setup, and I firmly stand by my initial thoughts. This is an outstanding monotube setup, built like a tank.

The performance keeps getting better as I dial it in, and I moved to a 265 square setup. I have found that with a 265 square, the car is very neutral with rear bar on full stiff, front on hole 2 or 3....depending on the track. I can provide some damper settings if people are interested.

One click, makes a very noticeable difference, which is great for quick setup. For reference, I was able to turn laps in the 1:15.XX range at Putnam park on 265 Trofeo-R with 10+ heat cycles already on them. For a full interior 3500lb, stock powered car, that is not shabby for warm summer weather. I think the car will get into the 14's with cool weather and a bit more sorting.

It's quick at NCM too. This is some slow mid-session hooning around with my buddy chasing me in a Camaro SS 1LE, which we already know is VERY fast. This was before I put a square tire setup, the car is definitely faster now, much better in the brake zones. As you can see the car is very composed. I could not be any happier with this build.

Attached Images

'15 FRS - Sprint racecar
'00 Miata - Enduro racecar

Last edited by Mvez; 06-12-2017 at 03:20 PM..
Appreciate 0