Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@Alpine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3Fresh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@Alpine View Post
Meant to post, depending on exhaust systems you will have different outcomes.
Hey Alex! I didn't mean to derail this thread, was curious if you have the overrun feature fully vented out. Are you by chance able to speak to how the over-run works and is initiated and what it does to throttle input?

I feel that my Evolve tune has a dead spot in the throttle, likely from the amount of ignition retardation for the extra fuel to burn off while off throttle and slowly rolling back into throttle -- speculation on my end. But under normal driving conditions it can effect drivability in a bad way.
I generally have a practice of not comparing to other companies.

The basic idea is to mist unburnt fuel into the exhaust.

Problems with drivability can factor from multiple things including your exhaust setup, injectors, spark plugs and etc. Most of my customers with great success have been straight piped. Keep in mind the E9X is a low pressure (non injected) fuel system compared to the F8X that are direct injection high pressure fuel system. On a low pressure fuel system the injectors spray fuel onto intake valves so therefore if the spray times get adjusted to aggressively, it can backfire into the intake plenum and damage it since it's made out of plastic. On direct high pressure fuel injection systems, it can be adjusted more to mist and won't cause any damage. I always side with caution vs squeezing out the last bit of power or in this case sound effects. If you ask any customer here I always cover the basics with everyone; like hey did you get your bearings checked.

IMO burbles for this platform should not be for a daily driver, just for a quick weekend show off.
To piggyback on this, Alex did give me all the good, bad and the ugly on the burble tune. Of course the kid in me wanted to try it out anyway. It was fun for about ten minutes and I went back to my stage 2 tune. I think I might have enjoyed it more seeing another car do it as being the driver there is nothing to see. Hearing it was cool but my car already sounds awesome so...
Appreciate 3