Alex@Alpine
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3Fresh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbnlykwhoa View Post
I just loaded Alex's tune this past weekend but I'm 6mt. I still have the secondary cats on the car but it still burbles pretty nicely and i don't think it sounds obnoxious. (Resonated Test Pipes > Stock X-Pipe > 2-Pipe OEM Mod)

I do have to give it a slight throttle modulation to get the pops going. Usually happens above 3.5k and if you hold it at just the right place it will pop for a few seconds. I do get some random pops here and there and sometimes between shifts. If you drive normally you really can't even tell the car has a burble tune other than gas consumption. I haven't really pushed the car too much since I just got my bearings done and am taking things easy for a few more hundred miles.

The engine certainly feels a lot smoother and I can def notice a difference in power down low. Plus Alex was awesome to deal with and his pricing is the best around. I did get new motor mounts, rod bearings, new thermostat, Alex's Tune with 241e, and Resonated test pipes all at the same time so I'm sure all of it is contributing to how good the car is feeling right now.
Interesting -- I don't know how the 6MT would behave under normal driving; more specifically, When lets say you take off and shift normal 1-2-3 and once you are off the clutch in 3rd but before you apply throttle, do you get into that "dead zone" for throttle pedal feel that would normally initiate the overrun and burble then all of a sudden the car jerks and pulls normal.

It pretty much feels like you have no throttle response while you've already depressed 5-10% of the Gas pedal and get 5-10% throttle all at once instead of progressively rolling into it like normal.
Meant to post, depending on exhaust systems you will have different outcomes.
Appreciate 0