View Single Post
      06-02-2016, 09:05 PM   #42
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
Solid or poly motor mounts should be OK for most DD'ing. Its the trans mounts that really start to add a lot of buzzing and vibration.

The problem is not lateral movement but its the twisting force of the engine which pulls upward.

I don't think the extra metal will do crap. Vorhslag is the only brand that I've seen use a top and bottom stud. Everyone else seems to use a bolt through design. Then Vorshlag uses special, hard to find replacement hardware. Instead of running to the hardware store for a new bolt...you need to take a trip to Fastenal or pray that Vorhslag has extras (they rarely do).
I have been using Vorshlag mounts for 4 years, the original version, on my turbo 99M3. This car has beem making over 500 rwhp and over 500 lbs rwtq. Best so far is 677 rwhp, 580 lbs rwtw. I drag race it on drag radials
I have fused clutches, twisted driveshafts, and broken a transmission, but never had an issue with the Vorshlag motor mounts. This year, i bought a used set of the new mounts from a member here and gave my old mounts to a guy who is making 700 rwhp.
Appreciate 1
///Mobbin1478.00