View Single Post
      12-20-2011, 02:04 PM   #18
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onurleft View Post
Rather than calculate it, I just based it off my results actually running the cars in the 1/4 mile. I tend to use real world experience rather than calculate numbers which can get me caught up in debates (healthy debates) on forums as results on paper only offer numbers on paper to me.
Look, you said: "If a stock E46 M3 can run 13.2@106, and a stock E92 M3 can do 12.6@114 regardless of end speed, the distance separating them, as distance is more a factor of time NOT end velocity (the acceleration velocity is not constant) is not going to be "8.5" car lengths... It will be more like 2-3+"

That simply isn't true. Six tenths at these speeds is about six car lengths, as already spelled out.

Quote:
At the same track, in similar but not the exact same conditions me and my friends pulled off a 12.7@110 in a stock DCT E92 M3 and 13.0@106 in a stock E46 M3. Moseley's time is verified here on the board.
At a different track in a different stock E46 M3 we got 13.3@104.5, but the DA was much higher and the temperature was hotter.These E46's were 6 speed cars on 18" wheels, rather then the 30 series 19" tires which offer very little sideway flex which is crucial for a good launch.
I have to say that a 13.0 on stock six-speed E46 is terrific! Ours never got better than the thirteen teens at 107, which I thought was pretty good at the time.

Quote:
My only real point is saying 6 or 8+ car lengths to me in that short of a distance, having run the two cars, is what i've only seen from a hole shot advantage from the E92 M3. I've also never seen a stock one trap higher than 110, but i'm sure it would be possible in dryer climate then the humid southeast.
Taking "average" magazine times is no less applicable than what you've personally experienced, and I've already shown that those indicate something around eight car lengths.

Bruce
Appreciate 0