View Single Post
      07-30-2009, 08:05 AM   #61
x838nwy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: nothing right now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
IMO, if one indeed fully appreciates the engineering effort behind a well designed system and desires to own a fine piece of machinery, that is grounds for purchasing it even if one might actually never be able to really benefit from it from a performance perspective (even if it just secretly sits in your garage). I think there is often too much scrutiny against people who make such purchasing decisions. What I personally do not get is people purchasing such pieces of fine machinery without having any significant appreciation for what they are buying, and buying just because it is trendy, "cool", or something like that. [Flame suit on]

Appreciate your understanding, dude. It's refreshing not getting flamed or having to 'prove' that I 'need' it to buy it

The last bit of what you said I totally hate and it's sadly these "all gear no idea" folks who go around talking $hit about a product that's actually of quality just 'cos they can't use it properly or don't know what it's about. The number of people (on some other forum, not so much this, happily) complaining their tis off about race pads being loud and dusty is a case in point.
Appreciate 0