View Single Post
      11-21-2023, 06:18 PM   #612
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Rain in California?!

This past weekend was the last CFRA-hosted HPDE event for the season at Sonoma Raceway! I was hoping to follow my progress from Laguna to here but the weather did not want to participate! It was pouring! It did dry up 2nd to last session but the last session drizzled again.

On the way there was not looking promising.

Plenty of E9xM chassis.

Bridgestone RE71R with at least 20 heat cycles was not having it and there was just too much standing water. The standing water is everywhere. I hope the repave in 2024 fixes a few places for drainage. I opted to put on my TE37 with Continental ECS tires. 3 supervisors in the pic lol.

Overall it was a learning experience in the rain, the first time in extremely wet. It was an anti-climatic way to end the season but I’m happy to continue to next year and onwards.

Winter plans:
I hope to rebuild the MCS 2WNR this winter as it’s been 5yrs/15k with a good amount of track hours in there.

I hope to also purchase parts for the spare LSD and get that going with the solid subframe bushings.

Maintenance items coming up sooner or later: Cooling system, Valve/Vanos covers.

After that, I'll see how I feel about this car. My mind is in one of those ruts where you want to sell it, but you dont either cause replacing it would be impossible. Maybe I’ll have a decision on what I want to do next time I post. Till next time!
Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj
SF Bay Area: DM For coding services
Appreciate 4
911r891.00
wyatth3548.50
bipp73.50