03-27-2008, 07:11 PM   #168
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ersin View Post
Maybe it was engineered to be 'truly sporting' but you have to agree that there is a benefit, even if small, in making use of the rotational energy between gears so that a performance and an efficiency benefit will be realized -- one that can presumably be measured (with proper gear) as well as felt.

This is why I wrote this

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie
Maybe the difference is so small as to not make any noticeable difference at all and that is what the guy's meaning, who knows. Only when both systems are tested together will we see for sure.
But if he says it has no real benefit to performance then that is good enough for me.

I also said I may test the DCT and love this surge, who knows but that wasn't the argument, the argument was always that some believe it is making a noticeable difference to the acceleration, why else would BMW included and I say it's there only for those SMG customers and nothing more.

I wonder if the lateness of reviews starting to come about are down to finalising the characteristics/behave of the shifts. Maybe an eleventh hour rethink was performed, the gearbox was sampled by SMG customers and they didn't like the smoothest of the original setup. Who knows.
Appreciate 0