Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siajoon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON.M3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-EH View Post
I mean ill buy em at Rep cost lol still nice wheels.
Reps do not belong on any car. You are much better off running OEM wheels at that rate.

Rep wheels are unsafe, usually lower grade metals, and cast with imperfections. It's not even really a looks thing anymore, it's a would you put yourself in a position where you could potentially kill yourself or people around you when the wheels suddenly crack and fall off.
I agree and disagree, replicas can be as safe as a genuine piece. When you break down what it effectively costs to make a wheel it might be cheaper than you think. With anything a big portion in which you are buying is the brand which in this case is BBS.

Not bashing on BBS as they make beautiful light weight and extremely durable wheels but you are paying for those three letters when you break down the overall cost, and sometimes it's a big surprise to people exactly how much of the purchase price is just associate with the brand alone.
I agree if you're talking about a legitimate company that has replica style wheels like Apex.

That said i think the FI-R is only a feasible design because of the technology and R&D BBS uses to ensure they're safe. A no name replica stands no chance.
Appreciate 2
Siajoon1859.50
GORDON.M31422.50