View Single Post
      08-07-2013, 04:05 AM   #49
fusionchicken
Captain
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, Z4M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
As you mentioned, the Evo 8/9 are more raw, lighter and more immediate than the Evo X. But the Evo X's handling was superior. Evo 8/9 tend to understeer from the factory. Evo X will swing the tail out like a RWD car.

I never really found lag an issue. The car was a rocket from 3k to 6k rpm all the time. But then living in SF the temps never top 80 degrees even when it gets "hot".

I did get rid of it because of the daily driving problems you mentioned. The car only felt right when you were driving at a track. I'd hate driving the Evos for daily driving and then fall in love with it on fun drives. The M3 is much more balanced, I can enjoy it driving at a sane speed as much as I can on a track.

The CLA just looks really ugly to me. The whole body is big and bloated with tiny wheels. It looks like someone took a CLS and shrunk the front and rear but left the center cabin the same size.
agreed with everything, including the CLA bit. though i've usually been able to forgive a car's exterior if its performance is up to par lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie@McKennaBMWService View Post
That flat four exhaust note sound is pure sex.
yes sir!
Appreciate 0