Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
SO incredible!
I'm with you regarding following motorsport in the 60's, 70's and 80's....the majority of information and updates were in print (Autosport, National Speed Sport News, etc) which meant it took forever to receive racing results, etc. The only magazine I currently subscribe to is GP Racing (formerly F1 Racing) which is a UK publication.

In 1990 or 91, I sent a hand written note to Bob Varsha to recognize him for calling his 100th GP on ESPN TV....he typed (yes, a typewriter!) me a note thanking me.

I met Nigel Mansell in 1993 which was his first year in Indy Car. I drove down from Seattle to watch the Portland race. Nige had just won the 1992 F1 WDC and retired from F1 and came to the US to race Indy Car. I'm standing there in a Williams Racing hat and Williams Constructors t-shirt ....he looked at me and was a bit blown away to find a US fan "wearing his gear". Nige signed my hat! I had large eyebrows and a large moustache and a camera crew saw me in the pits and for a moment, thought I was Nigel....well that didn't last long.

Clarify your correspondence with the "TP's"....what is a TP?

There is a US lad that lives in the northeast and he frequents this site. He attended multiple USGP's at Watkins Glen.

Keep the correspondence coming.
I am smiling ear-to-ear now!!

You truly understand this sickness!! Meeting Nigel in those days must have been amazing. He was my brother's favorite driver! Speaking of, I forgot to mention Nelson Piquet, Sr. Loved him too.

TP is Team Principle.

Speaking of broadcasters, I met Leigh Diffey and Steve Matchett at a private museum event in Raleigh, NC years ago. Great and knowledgable guys...real fans of motorsport. We discussed Senna to great length. What a loss for all of us.

I was at quali for Indy in 2017 for ALOs first outing, as well. I was 100 meters away from the Bourdais crash. We could feel the heat from the fireball which resulted from the impact. My then-gf almost started crying on the spot.

Looking forward to returning to attending races next year.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0