View Single Post
      12-15-2019, 06:06 PM   #5
M3Richard
Rep
Drives: E92 2008 BMW M3

Revival of a never ending headache here with a bit of an update.

Throttle actuators were sent for repair and the ecu was unable to be tested by the company so put back in the car. The car again drive fine for a few miles then multiple misfires on all 8 cylinders.

The DME was then replaced at the stealership, where I was told that the misfire problem had been sorted. They were however recommending that I replaced the cats and o2 sensors due to potential damage from overfueling (ridiculous cost...not that the dme job was cheap). I refused to have this done and then drove less than 10 miles to have the EML come back on and for it to misfire again. However upon scanning it was now on just one cylinder; cylinder 6.
The dealership recovered the car and looked at it first thing on the Monday morning as this happened on Saturday afternoon. They again reiterated the cat and o2 sensors (despite no fault code) but were now telling me I needed a spark plug, injector, and coilpack on cylinder 6 (not exactly diagnosing the problem but replacing anything it could possibly be really).
I had this done by my indy and the car felt great until I was at the mot test centre and had just been called forward to my lane! EML with a lovely misfire on cylinder 6...
I scanned it again to find the following codes: P0356 and P138A. Having cleared these codes the car ran perfectly again and has done since. It is up for retest tomorrow and I'm hoping the same does not occur. Has anyone got any experience of these faults/symptoms?

A bit of an essay but trying to give a good a picture as possible.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0