Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTSam View Post
Rolf

Great looking car.

I sometimes wish I went with DCT - but I still love rowing my own (and in my case thankfully my wife doesn't drive).
Thanks Sam, I too wished when I had the two M3's with MT that I should have gotten the M-DCT since after all I knew what it would be like from my original e46 (similar anyway) also from my Z4 35i that I had before the first e92 in AW. I guess I just was to selfish and should have gotten the M-DCT in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
By the way Rolf, Love the new car, How is the DCT???
Thank you ... did you make it back safe and sound to Fort Mac? after having your clear bra installed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
I would hope with two clutches a DCT could shift faster than a person!

Its amazing how someone's opinion changes AFTER they get one.......:lol
I don't think there is a person alive (perhaps some of the top class F1 drivers then they carry that longer stick) that can be faster and more precise then the M-DCT. As for changing mind ... yes I am one of them too slap me you can I do deserve it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
On the track there is no question that the M-DCT is the better way to go as the ratio spread is much better than the 6 speed box and with an engine that produces its real power in the last 10% of the available rev range this is a real performance gain.
I can attest to that having seen you on the track last year ... I recall that Porsche overtaking you and the fellow standing besides me said to me "did you just see the Porsche overtaking that M3 wow he made him mad bet in less then one lap the M3 will overtake the Porsche, that fellow in the M3 is a great driver"

I think you overtook him 2 laps later always on his tail I bet you recall that very day.

Cheers, Rolf

PS. Now Fellows let's not fight over the transmission besides they are both great

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0