View Single Post
      03-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #1
lilsheep_turbo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3 V8

detailing project over the last few weeks

hiya guys and girls

since owning my car on the 5th of november ive been itching to get out and clean it. I am a detailing enthusiast, not a pro by any means but i like to think im handy at it the weather has picked up recently so i thought id start my project of getting my car back to factory coniditions in time ready for summer.

unfortunately time isn't ever on my side as i only have one day off per week and convincing my girlfriend that washing my car is more important than spending time with her is hard hahahah

newhoo here goes,

a few week back i was able to give her a good cleaning session, turn of the new year i think after my car sat still for a month nearly. here's how she looked

and another

and another

unfortunately somebody egged my car and it had dried by the time i got back to it..nvm

car was soaked with bilt hamber surfex hd, wheels attacked with bilberry 5:1 solution, arches spray with TFR and left to dwell for 5-10 mins
jet hosed and left to stand for another 5 mins,
then the snow foam was brought out:

jet hosed down, car was then washed with 2BM (standard) with DD SN shampoo and wookies fist.

next up clay bar, decided to go for DD SN purposeful purple as i gathered the car has never seen a clay in its life... which it hadn't

bonnet was surprisingly clean

front driver side wing+ door =

sideskirts were horrendous, worst ive ever clayed infact and ive clayed 50+ cars...

car was then rewased with 2bm and hosed to to remove all QD grease used for lube.

car was then polished with DD lime prime, left too haze a little for about 10 minutes after applicationand buffed off...

due to the weather being a bit crappy still i decided too use race glaze 55. should hold off most of the grit i thought till my next huge cleaning session..

total time taken= 5 hours

car left to look like this:

and

bad light and i phone cam isnt the best i know.. sorry

fast forward too today..

the car has been cleaned regularly through the bad weather or atleast hosed whenever grit has been laid. today the weather was looking great so i planned a good clean for the car..

as always the bodywork was sprayed with bilt hamber surfex hd 2;1 solution this time as i wanted to remove the race glaze. TFR sprayed in the arches and a 3:1 bilberry sprayed on the wheels, everything left to dwell for 5-10 minutes and hosed down.

snow foamed, and then washed with 2 bm and DD SN shampoo.. car was then rinsed and clayed again with bilt hamber auto clay, water was used for lube and disappointingly the car had some new clingons...only took 30 minutes to clay as it was only the arches that were affected.

car was then dried and ready for another hand polish with DD lime prime..
buffed off after a ten minute haze and today i decided to use swissvax BOS.. the best in my eyes below 1K..
car was waxed and left for an hour to haze up

tried the pro application bonnet swirls but i needs more practise:

ho fail!!!!

whilst the wax was curing, i dyson'd the interior, sprayed dettol anti bacterial on all the panels (something i do every 3 months) and then re covered every surface with poorboys natural look (smells amazing) seats wear cleaned and conditioned with gliptone front and back.. windows cleaned with AG window polish and then cleaned with DD clearly menthol

exhaust was then attacked with Britamax twins

swissvax then buffed off leaving it looking pure amazing!!!

and

bonnet reflection!!

clean M perf exhaust and rear bumper reflection

and finally an interior shot..

next up im going to get out the orbital and give it a good seeing too.unfortunately the last owner was happy to put it through a machine wash all its life so it has plenty of swirls also engine bay is crying out for some 303 and some wax under the bonnet...
i apologise for the lack lust of photos this time round.. i only had 4/5 hours and i genuinely forgot.

thanks for looking

-ho
Appreciate 0