View Single Post
      02-18-2013, 12:34 AM   #105
1fastdoc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 R8

Quote:
Originally Posted by red998 View Post

dont base your living on the salaries posted. you will be miserable, you will hate your patients who depend on you and most of all you will burn out. as with anything else in life, pick something you enjoy doing whether it be sticking your 5 inch needle (LOL nice one), repetitive highly skilled procedures or subspecialty areas of sub set skills.

where is medicine going? not sure. wherever it goes, literally and metaphorically, I know I will have a job for what I do to support my family. I may need to work more or harder, move to another country, but I would be happy for what I am doing.
After reading through this I am convinced this is a medicine forum that happens to also have BMW's.

I was going to add the above. I hate medicine (clinic) but I love surgery and I'd operate until midnight if they'd let me but all the lazy scrubs and nurses want to go home after 12 hours.

Going back to the OP, I drove an Acura Integra through med school and residency. It broke a few times and I learned how to start it and drive to work with no clutch when I didn't have the money or time to get it fixed. Whatever car you get, make sure it is very reliable. 10+ year old M3 doesn't fit that bill very well. It's not just the money, it's the time, and you're not going to have any.

Now I need to stop procrastinating and get back to finishing last Friday's charts before I start clinic tomorrow.
Appreciate 0