10-30-2012, 07:06 PM   #36
Sleeper519
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundpilot View Post
A touch of toe out will give you a better turn in on the track, but will destroy front tires if driven on the street.
Victor, I'm jealous of the JRZs, know you will love them. It's on my list of "nexts"!

Regarding toe in/out for street/track, it's really simple to have your cake and eat it too. Have your alignment guy mark the left front tie rod with two marks while he has the car up on the machine, one for street (mine is 1/16" in) and one for track (1/16" out). It's literally a 30 second switch when your changing the wheels. Mine is about a 2/3 revolution of the tie rod with a 13mm wrench and your all set. Simply reverse it when putting street tires back on.

And the amount of toe your talking about is minuscule really. If your talking degrees, then .03 is less than 1/32" and shouldn't give you bad tire wear whether in or out.

Good luck! Please continue to update us on the JRZs after your next track event.

2008 M3 Coupe / DCT // StopTech BBK 380/355 / Pagid RS29 / Motul / Apex Arc-8 / BFG R1S / Ground Control / MS filter / Performance spoiler / BPM tune // Road Atlanta 1:39.70 / VIR Full 2:10.87 / Barber 1:42.20
Appreciate 0