captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk2meg00se View Post
Looking for track recommendations - specifically, looking for something relatively close to NYC (within 100 mi radius?).

Also: how does this work? You just show up and start taking it around the track? Sounds dangerous. I suspect that I'd probably require some training of some sort. Thoughts on this would be appreciated.
You can contact the BMW Car Club of America (BMWCCA), or Porsche Club of America (PCA) or the Sports Car Driving Association
(SCDA - http://www.scda1.com/)

These organization rent facilities and provide instruction. You can bring your car on track in a and safe environment for a reasonable price.

SCDA sponsors events at New Jersey Motorsports Park and at Lime Rock. Both are reasonably close to New York City. Lime Rock is an easy day trip. I do it almost every weekend and once you are out of the Metro NY area the ride is mainly along picturesque rural roads.

Patroon (Albany) Chapter of BMWCCA is having an event at Lime Rock on Aug 19th and 20th.
http://www.bmwcca.org/node/2509

If you go to www.bmwcca.org and go to the chapter sites and look at the event schedules you will see that several chapters are having driving events at Lime Rock and New Jersey Motorsports Park in the next few weeks. The Genesse Valley Chapter is having an event at Watkins Glen August 24th and 25th. Watkins Glen is a great facility but is a bit far and not a day trip from NYC.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England

Last edited by captainaudio; 07-26-2011 at 11:29 AM..
Appreciate 0