11-21-2012, 07:50 AM   #15
WangTa
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, E46 m3, Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosef View Post
I literally have that exact setup on my 220's. snow performance is amazing - it is like driving a tractor and can get me through just about anything until clearance is an issue, and even then I've made it through some deep snow. however, if I had to do it again, I would go with either stock (245/265) or stock-plus (255/275) sizing purely for the cosmetics. Sure the performance won’t be quite as good in deep snow as the skinnier setup like I have (235/255), but they will look much better. The detrimental appearance of slightly shorter and slightly skinnier tires are easy to notice for guys like us that troll these forums. Unless you lived in a remote area of Canada that’s not always plowed and depended on your M3 every day, you can afford to give up the minor difference in performance. Snow tires make such an incredible difference in any size. You’ll be fine – my suggestion is to go for 245 in front and 265 in rear.
Do you have a picture of your car with this setup? Curious to see what it looks like?
Appreciate 0