T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by persianbmw View Post
(Updated 21st March 2008)

BMW to make new M1.

BMW is serious about a successor to the M1 supercar and we can expect to see it in 2012.

According to reports the car is now in development and will feature a carbon fibre chassis plus carbon-ceramic brakes, forged magnesium wheels, Kevlar bucket seats and a carbon fibre bodykit.

It seems like BMW may be feeling a bit overshadowed by cars such as the R8, Mercedes SL Black Series and the McLaren SLR, all coming from its main competitors.

Now the boys over in Bavaria want revenge and are preparing to wedge in an all-new V10 with twin-turbochargers and an ECU developed by BMW’s F1 team.

Expect around 625bhp which could push the ultralight supercar to way over 200mph.

An entry-level twin-turbo V8 version could cost around £90,000 but the V10 monster will likely set you back £250,000

Source: http://bmw2002.co.uk/news.html

I wish.....but based on multiple datapoints, BMW is not going to make a supercar. Reithofer, head of M, doesn't believe in Supercars because they don't make any money.

Don't get me wrong, they hate the attention the R8 is getting but BMW won't go down the path of cool non-profit projects.

I wish it were true though, I would get an M1 in a second.