View Single Post
      08-22-2012, 07:36 PM   #5
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by von_zoom View Post
Hey Klammer, and look forward to welcoming you to VIR - a great track. You should enjoy the Villas, very convinent to all the action. VIR is a long and somewhat technical challenge, and because of the length, not an easy track to learn quickly. Do not allow it to frustrate you. I am not sure how much time my instructor obligations will require, however I am happy to help you in anyway I can once you are there. A lot of the participants will be return if not frequent drivers at VIR, and will be openly helpful to provide suggestions and advice.

Your drive from CHI area to Danville, Va should be a scenic and easy trip. I might recommend CHI/IND/SDF/LEX/CRW/Martinsville/DAN (cities are airline codes). Mostly all Interstate, however a long day if you plan on doing it in one day at the wheel. Back mountain roads from Charleston to Bluefield, WV provides some intersting sights, plus the home of the Hatfiled and McCoys. Stop offs in Matewan, WV, famous stand off between the miners and unions, and in Coalville, WV, home of the "Rocket Boys," who put a rocket in space before NASA. Lot of Fun.

See you at VIR.
vz
Thanks so much for the info and will be spreading the driving over 2 days and try and take the scenic route. I requested the blue group so I think I'll need an instructor, can I request you Mr. Zoom??