View Single Post
      04-22-2012, 09:26 AM   #6
Wanna Race?
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 DCT Interlagos Blu

i sold cars out of state for 2 years. a few pieces of advice:

- As mentioned above, call the lien holder and verify everything. They can put you on file on the account. Your going to pay them and pay him any balance, he will give them permission to get you the lien release and or the title (depends if you/him are in a title holding state).

- I would spend 150 and higher a title company that does all of this for you. You can call https://www.interstatetitlesolutions.com/main/index.cfm. This will protect you and the title

- Have him take the car to a BMW dealer locally (you find it and set this up), get a hold of an SA, pay 100 to have the car looked over with the CPO inspection (it is the most detailed) and when you buy it have the car taken there and picked up by the shipping company from the dealer. You can also ask the SA for the BMW service history referred to as DCS sheet, everything you will ever need on the car is in this document.

- in the meantime, have as many pictures as possible sent over to you, i mean like 50.

GOOD LUCK!