01-15-2018, 06:06 PM   #34
Exclusivs
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiem3 View Post
This is the one I have - Omega MagicLift. I said white because of the handle bar. It's a 2 ton lift. It's a must to have a lift like this. I use it only once or twice a year.
Was looking at them; seems viable. Do you mind taking measure as Pbon said from center of saddle to where jack gets taller in height.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
Do you need a rubber saddle since the factory jack points are plastic and require an insert block, or in the case of the center one, is already rubber buffered? If using other places to jack from, like a suspension point, a rubber jack cover might be less likely to slip but I try not to jack in a way that slippage is likely. I have 2 jacks with rubber pads and 1 without and have found no difference in using them but I have no concerns about marring the underside of my car-it would be minimal and no one sees under there.
Not going to discredit any of your validity to what you are saying. I would disagree with center jack point rubber from factory yes - but most likely way smaller in diameter then any jack saddle.

Quote:
That omega is 0.25 inches lower than the sunex/arcan at the lowest point, at 2.5 inches. Since you have one what is the frame height 12 or 18 inches back from the center of the saddle?
Good call, would like to see if that info can be gathered from the owners who brought them into the convo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by admranger View Post
From the Essco Jackstand page on ReverseLogic's website (not yelling at you all, it's in all caps on the web page):

WTF w/not putting a car up on 4 jack stands. This is the first I've *ever* seen this. Anyone have any insight into this?

Quote:
It’s a warning for liability reasons. But a car is more stable on 4 stands than 1, 2 or 3. I am much more careful than when I was younger. It’s up to you what you do. Chances are you’ll be fine just using a hack and nothing else. But I don’t take the chances I used to.
Agreed probably liability. Think we all made mistakes when we were younger. That's why it's beneficial to share any knowledge here for safe wrenching. Always air on side of caution.
Appreciate 0