View Single Post
      11-19-2017, 12:06 AM   #21
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

I would agree that Tesla walks a fine line between delivering and inflating their stock, but I think they are unquestionably pushing technology in many areas, they have to play that balance carefully of sticking their fingers into too many things. As someone who grew up with the promise of electric cars, only to see a few poor attempts fail, the Model S is an amazing achievement. Some people seem to irrationally hate EVs, but it's out there working for many people in many locations, I see Model Xs around too. I live in Alaska and I freaking see these things, again, that is amazing to me. Whining about not being able to afford one or not being able to buy an extra car just to have one is pretty weak IMO, you could also go buy a horse when the first horseless carriage came out.

Tesla needs to produce the Model 3, there is no question, they can't obfuscate with all this other stuff, but if they deliver and can do all of this, it's going to be a pretty bright future for EVs. Even though I have no use for them in the near future, I don't irrationally hate them as some people seem to. I don't know if these people feel this way because they are programmed to do so based on what they listen to/read/hear, but being somewhat familiar with science, there are too many advantages to not pursue the technology.