06-29-2018, 06:00 AM   #49
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
All of the above except consider this:
  • Huntington Park and the 105 strip in general (almost all cities along the 105 freeway) is a bit ghetto, so watch your 6.
  • The heart of the beast that is LA will be a cesspool of deranged homeless people and a shantytown of tents. For both HP above and LA proper, avoid getting out of your car unless absolutely necessary, and try not to go off the beaten path after sunset... I've had to call 911 on a Friday night after someone got in a hit-and-run and it took 20 minutes on hold (YES, WITH 911!) and an hour for them to send a cop to take a report.

Oh, and it'll take you half an hour to go 3 miles and the roads are littered with potholes if you're driving, and lots of Uber/Lyft drivers will dread high-traffic areas and reject your ride, so be prepared to call ahead and offer a big cash tip (most drivers hate hearing "I'll tip you in the app" since everyone that says it does the exact opposite).
  • Hollywood is a tourist trap; the main attractions are on one over-crowded city block, the rest of the street are overpriced tchotchkes. The only parking I trust and has the fairest price is in the Hollywood & Highland Center, and the rest will try to extort you whichever way they can (including one where I was told I can park overnight, but the rate of $10 per day meant the clock reset at midnight so I had to pay $20). Trust me, I was a club promoter and bouncer in my youth.

Most of the food you'll get is garbage (especially the pizzeria across from the Kodak Theatre). Come with a full stomach.

Furthermore, most of the people in shitty costumes are actually homeless but trying to make a living off tips (that they do try to pester you to pay more for); I've smoked weed with "Superman" at 3 AM who did 'fess up to this

NEVER buy the demo CDs no matter how "FIRE" the piker claims for it to be. They're often just blank CD-R's.
  • Ice Cube said it best. Wish he made a music video for it (unless I just can't find it).
::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 0