captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McRae View Post
Its a barge in my view. What other manufacturers haven't got yet is that its not just about stuffing more horses in the front and closing the lid. Handling and driveability needs to be taken into consideration.

I guess your dealer still thinks Jaguar will be around to export it to the US and not so sure about that, even with the Indian's help.
I own a 335i with Sport Package and it does not handle significantly better (if any better) than my wife's Jag XKR and it is not as fast. As for drivability the Jag is MUCH better at handling bad road surfaces. The Jag does not have the suspension issues that the 3 series has and I am not the only 335 owner that has an issue with the way the 335i sport suspension reacts to poor surfaces.

In all fairness that 335i is 90% of the car that the Jag is for 60% of the price. The 335i is a great car but it is not by any means a perfect car and the Jaguar XF is not a car that can be easily dimissed,

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England