02-20-2019, 05:44 PM   #6
BayE30
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjr710 View Post
All makes sense. So are you happy w it otherwise?
Yes...and no. I always liked the first generation X5, especially the 4.8is. They just looked really good to me. But looks aside, once i started driving the car i was suprised that the ride is ALOT stiffer and bouncier than i had anticipated. I thought maybe something was wrong with the car in the beginning, but after speaking to various other owners, thats just how the e53 rides(like a pickup truck). I also hoped that in buying what appeared to be a very clean example i would have to minimal work on the car, which hasnt been the case. But that being said, theres a reason i went for an older car, and that is relative ease of repairs. I am very familiar with older BMW's, so i wanted to stay in my comfort zone as i like to DIY almost all my repairs.

If i could start over, i probably wouldnt have bought an e53. i just dont seem to have the time thats needed to complete all the repairs. I am just too anal about my cars, if i were to ignore the small stuff and just drive it i would be happier, but thats not the case. The next owner is gonna get one hell of a good car.