Drives: E92M3-E46M3-E46Wagon-E89Z4-E36

Garage List
1994 325is Race Car  [0.00]
2011 BMW Z4  [0.00]
1998 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce.augenstein@comcast. View Post
I agree that word meanings are important, which is why I am still engaged in this ultimately boring exercise. Bruce
I'll toast to that. Cheers.

Well most of the stuff I was going to say in post #30 was already said by others. So at least I don't have to retype it.

It seems as if we're at an impasse on what is an automatic transmission with both sides sticking to their guns. I truly don't know enough about the C63 tranny to classify it as one or the other.

I do agree with ultimate that a car enthusiast is more than someone who is enthusiastic about a car. My 15 yr old daughter is enthusiastic about my M3 but that doesn't make her a car or BMW or M3 enthusiast in my book.

Does anyone know what the definition of "is" is?

I do know this, I've put 1100 miles on my car since Friday, 5 days ago. This car is just as spectacular at interstate cruising as it is at the track or carving up a canyon. All my interstate driving has been with the cruise control set on 80 (77-78 actual speed) EDC on comfort. I've averaged just under 21 mpg during that stint. These seats are the most comfortable seats I've ever had in a car. The interior is as quiet as a bank vault at speed. And the M3 attracts the attention of other "enthusiasts" driving Z06s, Viper coupes, and today at Silver E46 with some wide ass tires on it and some track tech (HPDE) stickers on the windshield. I LOVE THIS CAR.

One more thing, my M3 in Space Gray must not have "give me a ticket" written on it. As I passed one cop doing 78, because I stupidly ignored my V1 thinking it must be a false alarm.

Name:  IMGP2615.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  38.5 KB

Last edited by skierman64; 09-23-2008 at 09:38 PM..
Appreciate 0