09-09-2012, 01:07 AM   #79
MMMMM3
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 Jerez Black e90 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave07997S View Post
very good review. I was invited to the 991 launch at my local Pcar dealer, drove the 991S and absolutely loved it. With some caveats...the engine is definitely making more power down low and revved to its 7500rpm redline. However, the engine just didn't feel as "racy" as the S65. The car I drove had the PSE and it sounded great, but not as nice as a S65 and the intake roar from the individual throttle bodies was missing. Handling wise I couldn't tell you as we weren't allowed to canyon blast. The EPAS did seem to dull the otherwise exemplary feel of the older 997 cars on the 991.

Would I buy one..heck yes if my finances can ever recover from the housing mess, but I didn't feel it was that much of a step up over my 2011 M3 ZCP car. I would wait a few years and find a garage queen with low mileage for $20k off MSRP. I don't think I would ever buy a new PCar again, I would go used. My 997.1S felt lethargic compared to my E92 M3.

I truly believe the S65 M3 is going to go down as a classic, the only V8 M3 ever.

Dave
I love that roar. I step on the gas pedal every time I get a chance to hear the roar resonate, in tunnels, parking lots, and under bridges; and I only have the stock exhaust. People with Akras and the like must love it even more.
Appreciate 0