View Single Post
      10-02-2014, 12:31 PM   #54
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

Same here. Pretty amazed at the balance situation after putting on the large Dinan (solid one, the original Dinan bar, non-adjustable) bar. I only had the car a week or so when I put it on, and I was worried that it would increase steady state understeer too much. At the same time, I pulled the pins for max negative camber and did an alignment. All I can say is that with same size tires all around (275s), this setup definitely doesn't need more rear bias. If it had the stock front bar, I would assume it would be too tail happy which I think the stock chassis may be anyway even with the stagger wheels/tires.

I've found the tail lively with the throttle when needed, surprisingly so at times. The diff might play a part in that since it can and will go all the way to 100% lockup, but it does need slip to start to lock, and you can feel it work, progressively, with throttle and slip. I didn't think I'd care for the viscous M-diff compared to the typical LSD, but so far I'm comfortable with it and like it better than the standard type in my M5. Even with all the suspension mods I've done on my M5, it is nowhere near as "rotate-able" as the E90 M3 especially on corner entry to apex.

Street tire class is going to be interesting next year as it appears manufacturers are all over themselves trying to have the best tire. "Supposedly" we'll have a new Rival compound and also the Michelin PSC2 is purported to be coming in TW200 and a range of sizes intended for street tire class, not to mention Dunlop's new ZII whatever-its-called, and whoever else will be in the running.
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8
Appreciate 0