Colonel
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3 - IB

Garage List
2009 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk94 View Post
The diff is considered a 2-way, equal locking on accel and decel. The diff is from limitedslip.de - the OP of the big diff shootout thread.

Next track day is on 11th - I’ll keep the thread updated.
Florian (driftflo) is a super knowledgable guy. Glad to hear you have one of his diffs. A 2-way should lock quite easily on deceleration. The two rear wheels being locked like that should really bring a lot of stability to the braking. The fact that it's not is confusing to me......something is up.

In the end, it may simply be the brakes, but if brakes are just not in the budget, then you're destined to experiment with the other aspects of the car.

For me, the stock brakes were AWFUL on track right from the beginning. When they heated up, the steering wheel would shake like crazy and the car would wiggle. The more I drove them the worse it got. (I didn't have race pads.) AP's went on the front with race pads, and all my problems went away. Then, when I put on the rears a few months later, the car hunkered down that last 10% during braking and braking has never been an issue since.
Appreciate 0