View Single Post
      01-24-2019, 09:22 AM   #34
dklobucista
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Averdi View Post
What's going on??

I've owned 2 N54's , my most current being a stage 2 e90 2010 Xdrive. I started a job in sales so I recently bought an older x5 as my work car/beater.

Now that I have this x5, I want an upgrade from my 335. I test drive the f80 m3 and look wise it's gorgeous, but driving wise the sound didn't impress me and it felt softer. Although, if money wasn't an issue I'd probably get myself into one.

After a lot of thinking, I'm looking to spend 20-30k on my upgrade, not 40-50k. I'm starting to think an e92 m3 might be the answer. The only part of me that is holding back is knowing that my 335 is going to feel faster with the torque.

Has anyone else been in my situation where they're coming from a 335 but debated to upgrading to an e92 m3?

Look forward to hearing your insight
You are comparing a modded (335) to a stock car (m3). Yes the 335 will technically be faster. But get into a stock e92 m3 and all of that goes away honestly. You are in a different machine, I'm sure you won't keep it stock (you will make up the power as you go).

I came from a 07' modded n54 335i owned, to a 15' m4 lease, to a 17' x5m lease, to a 16' m4 convertible lease, and now I bought a 13' m3 and man am I impressed with this car. The 8,400 rpm redline feels endless, the downshifts just make you smile all day long. The N/A v8 is something else. I have had the m3 for a couple days now and I'm in love. Never the less between all the cars I have had have all given me different experiences and connections to the car. It's really a question of what you are looking for?

For myself I wanted a car that I can enjoy and not care about how fast my previous cars were because at the end of the day someone will always be faster. I almost bought a 2013 m6 but deeply I loved the e92 so I kept questioning myself "the m6 is so much faster" but I didn't have that connection to it the m6, I decided to put aside all thoughts and follow my heart, I give a lot of credit to the e92 m3.

I say go for it you will not be disappointed.
Appreciate 0