View Single Post
      12-29-2019, 02:21 PM   #98
VictorH
Major
Rep
Drives: '09 M3

30,000 Mile Update

I've had my brake kit on my E90 M3 for just over 31,000 miles since 2017 when I installed it (documented in this thread). Has been absolutely trouble free for both track and street. Just this past weekend I replaced my rotors for the first time. Couple of observations. Though wear limit of the rotors is 30.00 mm and I was at 30.5 on the fronts, in the last 2-3,000 miles both sides have developed 2-3 grooves per side and then the rotor surface has developed a real shiny, almost polished look . No deep cracks, just the usual heat checking all over.

The other thing is that though the V3 spring retention system is nice, if your car is a daily like mine and drives in all weather (well mostly rain is as bad as it gets here) is that the spring retainer will corrode and then the leaves will stick to each other. Makes it much more of a bear to remove than when new and all the parts are smooth and shiny. It's probably a "replace every other rotor swap item" if you daily drive in all weather. Only requires some light sanding with 400 grit paper and I put a really light coat of grease on both sides and reinstalled. Otherwise it's not really a biggie. I put on a new set of street pads as well as so it's all a new matched set, will have new track pads for first event in 2020 as well.

No regrets, it's a really nice system and super reliable.
Appreciate 4
SYT_Shadow11479.50
slcook541863.00
DrFerry6728.50