View Single Post
      05-17-2018, 05:59 PM   #1
Bomiz
Captain
Rep
Drives: SS E92 M3

Would there be interest in an affordable Valvetronic Exhaust? GROUP BUY OPENED!

I might be getting my own Valvetronic Axleback system manufactured, and was wondering if once I receive it and test fitment and quality, etc. If there would be an interest for the system. It would be much more affordable than the current systems and quality would be pretty good. I'm pretty much deciding on what tips to sample at this point of the process. Made out of T304 including valve controllers, etc. Im thinking of a price point under $2,000 shipped for the axleback system to directly connect up to stock piping. Of course there'd be more info once I receive the system. Also you can tell me what price point you would be comfortable with for a valved system to maybe make it workout.

Group Buy is Live! Click Here!

Also made this page to have people subscribe if they are inactive on this thread!
Just enter your email here for the major exhaust updates!
https://www.bomizshop.com/subscribe

Update 5/21 - Put down the money to have the sample made. Should receive in a few weeks.
Update 6/1 - Ordering 2 different samples from 2 different factories for testing, fitment, quality, and sound
Update 6/6 - One of the Manufactures is finishing up the sample, and i'm waiting on the other manufacturer to complete the other. Please note both samples are different designs and different piping size.
Also note that the tips are just samples and i'm going to be testing multiple styles of tips. I prefer a Straight cut tip on the E9x M3 instead of the angled.
Also note that this sample has a very sleek elegant finish from being sandblasted/titanium looking finish which is a premium option that the factory did for me.

Update 6/26 - Please refer to page 5 for first sample system received!
Link here: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...5&postcount=93

Update 6/27 - Exhaust Installed! Also on page 5, link below
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=104

Update 7/9 - Second Prototype has arrived! Link below to more pics
https://www.m3post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=158

UPDATE 9/7
First Off, I'd like to thank you for being interested and keeping up with me through the whole process! It started off an idea and through the power of the BMW community... a dream became reality.

I'd like to explain the current situation of the exhaust system.

Videos are planned to be completed Sunday, and you will be the first ones to here from me for the video.
A group buy will open this week hosted by gangup.com to allow a super easy and seamless way to join.
The exhaust will have various tip color options with different finishes on the system. Even with it being extremely affordable, I wanted to be able to cater to everyone's needs and wishes to make you happy.

What's still in development?

We are finishing the exhaust tips with the Bomiz logo. This part is near completion and seeing how the samples came out. This will not affect the Exhaust development time frame.
An X Pipe is still in development. We created a first prototype, but it still needs tweaking and adjustments for a release. There will be various configurations allowing you to choose how aggressive you want the sound to be. One we release the X Pipe, group buy buyers of the exhaust will have the option to purchase at an extremely discounted price. We originally were not going to create one, but there was a ton of interest in a full system... that's why this is behind the rear section schedule.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I'll be glad to answer anything I can! I apologize for the wait, but I hope you trust me when it will be well worth it!

8/23

IMG_20180824_092142_154
IMG_20180824_092144_235
IMG_20180824_092137_737
IMG_20180824_092135_326
IMG_20180824_092139_970
IMG_20180824_092133_041
IMG_20180824_092130_677

Last edited by Bomiz; 09-20-2018 at 03:19 PM.. Reason: Installation 6/27
Appreciate 2